Tough return awaits Ystad in the European qualifiers
Written by Joachim Orrenius / 28 October, 2019
0-4 at home at Sandskogens IP in the double meet against division 3 team Hestrafors IF in qualifying for the amateur cup UEFA Regions Cup. The coming weekend's return on away plan will be a tough task for Ystads IF.
Already in the fourth minute, the visitors created their first goal chance on a windy Sand Forest's IP. Minutes later, it was YIF's turn when Edin Sarhatlic finished off from a narrow angle. Hestrafors had some more ball possession in the swinging first half where Ystad occasionally threatened with balls out to left-hander Carl Persson, who did not, however, get away from his guards. Halfway into the half, Ystad washed out a bunch of corners that created some disorder in the visitors' penalty area.
A few minutes later it was Hestrafors who created pressure towards the home goal with several open positions. In the 35 minute the visitors' pressure resulted in Chris Makindu's close range. In the extra time of the first 45, Ystad got another corner where the ball danced just above Hestrafors goal line, or was the ball clean off the line? The referee did not think so, half time 0-1.
The second half started with Ystad being forced into a center-back exchange, Gustav Göransson out and Jonathan Jensen in. The same course of events as in the beginning of the first half when Emil Svensson replaced Alexander Bernhoff in the midfield.
Carl Persson continued his runs, now from the right, and had a couple of runs to the right of Hestrafor's goalkeeper. The visitors were clearly the better team in the second half and after Emil Pettersson's 0-2 goal there was no snack. Ystad tried to push forward but Hestrafors showed both speed in the conversion game and efficiency in the closing, which punished the home team two more times, Sajad Mohammadi and Emil Pettersson. Final result 0-4 which of course becomes difficult to turn over on Saturday when the return game is played. But how would the match picture have been if the receipt ball had been approved at the end of the first half?
The UEFA Regions Cup is an amateur tournament where teams between division 2 and 7 can register. Ystads IF and Hestrafors IF were the only teams in Sweden to register. Conquering teams in the double meet will therefore also become Sweden's representative in the continuing qualification that will be played this summer.
New Tomelilla coach Magnus Högström got a sad start when Tomelilla IF a couple of weeks ago failed to qualify for the third. Today, it is much happier mines in Tomelilla after the association has been offered a free return to division 3. The Sejouren in Division 4 thus became a record card.
- The plot came early this year. We have been offered a place in the 3 division next season and this of course we thanked yes. Division 3 on IP 2019, thanks for that, writes Tomelilla on her Facebook.
Österlensport contacted Skåne's Football Association to hear about the background to the gratifying message.
- There is a vacancy arrangement in Sweden about who should fit if any team withdraws from a series. I do not know which team withdrew, it may have been a northern team. Now it was at least Skåne's turn to get that vacancy and then Tomelilla was at the top of the rankings after the fall of the fall. So they got the question and have accepted yes, says Andreas Törnqvist, competition administrator at Skåne's Football Association.
Who now takes Tomelilla's place in division 4?
- It takes Vanneberga IF. And then there will be a vacancy in five and that place takes Torna Hällestads IF. And the six-week vacancy takes Skånes Fagerhults IF. Then it becomes rockads in the series maps that it is a bit witty to get together. It is geography that is decisive and we have presented the new series classification for the associations this afternoon. And tomorrow, at our meeting of the Supervisory Board, a final decision will be taken on the proposed proposal. The associations can come up with counter-proposals that we together with the associations may make decisions about, concludes Andreas Törnqvist.
The move does not affect Tomelilla's training scheme. Three workouts per week until mid-December are what applies. The early Christmas present, however, gives coach Högström and his men extra motivation during the upcoming training period. Good for football in southeastern Scania!
In the two seasons, IFK Simrishamn is one of the top teams in the southeastern division of the 4 football. Now we are investing in taking the step all the way up to division 3.
After Simrishamnsklubben earlier this fall made with Bassam Ahmad from the division 2 team Österlen FF now join two more players, Tibor Cica and Jonathan Karlsen, from the same club. In addition, Rasmus Nilsson from Brösarps IF is ready. In other words; good conditions for IFK Simrishamn to belong to the top of the four even in the coming season.
The new acquisitions add to routine and character
- We are 100 years next year and we are stretching the bow considerably. This is the biggest investment in 20-25 years. We have looked at Jonte (Jonathan Karlsen) for some time and after some meetings it felt better and better. He had one year left on his contract, but we have solved that with Österlen FF and we are very happy about that. Bassam (Ahmad) came to us already in the late summer. He has come in well in the group and continues in IFK next season as well. With Tibor we also have ongoing conversations. He is also a fantastic football player. Moreover, Tibor and Bassam work colleagues so it has facilitated the contact, IFK Simrishamn's chairman Morgan Ristmägi begins.
Rasmus Nilsson is an 21-year-old talent who lives in Östra Vemmerlöv. The other three live in Simrishamn, something that Morgan Ristmägi sees as a great advantage.
- It is players who live and work here and will be in Simrishamn. After training and home games they are at home in a few minutes, says Morgan Ristmägi.
- This year I have played with Brösarp but felt that it was time for me to try games at a higher level. Then Simrishamn is great for me to develop in. I am a winner skull and am very ambitious with my training. I also believe that I can participate and contribute to success, ”says Rasmus Nilsson.
- We had a strong squad already last year but are disappointed with the result. We had some gaps characteristically. Now we bring in a couple of experienced players with a strong character and who know what is required. We turned down in a couple of matches this past season. Players need to stand up when it blows. Rasmus is typically such a player that we at IFK Simrishamn want to connect with - young, ambitious with winner skull and who can be used at several different positions, says IFK Simrishamn's head coach Marcus Svensson.
Jonathan Karlsen assists Marcus Svensson
Jonathan Karlsen will also have the role of assistant coach to Marcus Svensson.
- Marcus has been a coach with us for quite some time now and both of us on the board and the player group wanted to keep him, but we needed to get some type of leader who can challenge and question him correctly. And in that role, Jonte is perfect, says Morgan Ristmägi.
- I have previously been asked as assistant coach in lower divisions but then it has not been relevant. This is a step into the coaching role which is my thought in the future when I put the shoes on the shelf. It is canon to come here at a good level and go next to Marcus, says Jonathan Karlsen, who also gets praise from Bassam Ahmad.
- He's a wonderful guy, excuse MAN. I have known Jonte for five years and he has helped me a lot, both on and off plan. When I came here this summer I had already decided to continue playing here in Simrishamn. We live out here and I will probably stay here a few more years. I am very positive about everything that happens in the club and also want to be involved in the youth activities. Marcus has explained what he wants to get out of me and together with Tibor and Jonte we will raise the level. We are investing in winning the 4 division, says Bassam Ahmad.
Tibor Cica and Jonathan Karlsen have also known each other for a long time. In addition to Österlen FF, they have also played together in LB07.
- I am happy for Jontes reason that he becomes an assistant coach. I know he is a real leader and that he will do it really well as an assistant, says Tibor Cica.
Jonathan Karlsen has been an important cog in Österlen FF's law building for about a decade. In recent years he has been the captain.
Suppose there are some nostalgia now that you leave ÖFF?
- A little, it was a difficult decision in the beginning but afterwards the decision has landed and become easier and easier. We soon get our second child and the family is always number one. Then we bought a house in Simrishamn. And so the bet on football in Simrishamn - trying to get a team, except Österlen, up in the series system. It will be exciting with the youth initiative too. It feels like the perfect step to go here to Simrishamn and still keep a good level, and maybe help the team to the third. I hate to lose and do not come here to step down. However, I will spend less time on football, overall. Had the association not had the ambition to go up to the third, I had not come here, says Jonathan Karlsen.
"We don't come here to joke"
To compete with Österlen FF (division 2) as Southeast Skåne's best team is nothing that Morgan Ristmägi and Marcus Svensson have in mind right now. However, it will be interesting and close matches in the series against the local teams from the southeast; Lunnarps BK, Sjöbo IF, Janstorps AIF and Tomelilla IF. And the goal is of course to win the 4 division.
In IFK Simrishamn's clubhouse stands the princess cake and soft drinks. None of the players touch the sweets. They have not come to IFK Simrishamn to eat cake and retire.
- I am happy to be here and look forward to the season next year. Perhaps many people think that we come here to unwind, but that is not the case. We will not come here to joke. We want to win the four and we want to do it in style, says Tibor Cica.
Successful youth activities
The average age has some matches during the past season been just over 20, which is low. In some matches, a couple of 15 and 16 year olds have been involved.
- Simrishamn will stand for a nursery and then the 3 division is a very good platform to stand on when it comes to the a-team. For those who want and have ambitions, Simrishamn becomes a good springboard in the development of football. Jonte, Bassam and Tibor raise the middle age a bit but above all they will show the younger players what it takes. This is very positive for the youth football in Simrishamn, says Marcus Svensson.
Now a month's open window is waiting for some players to try out other clubs. The 15 December closes the transfer window and then we know what the test exercises and negotiations have resulted in. In the latter part of January, the pre-season training will start running seriously.
- Jonathan and I will talk to us and try a lot now during the long pre-season. These are guys who are adaptable and who do what is best for the team. Regardless of where on the plan one should contribute. It is a pleasure to have access to such good players. Now we have good tools and now it has to perform. But it must not be a must to win, it should be a will - it's a damn difference, concludes Marcus Svensson.
Pandora cleared all his opponents
Girls 10 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Köpingebro IF.
Girls 11 and 12 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Gärsnäs AIS.
Girls 13 and 14 years
Participating teams from southeastern Skåne: Gärsnäs AIS 1, Gärsnäs AIS 2, Tomelilla IF, SoGK Charlo 1, SoGK Charlo 2, Janstorps AIF, Spjutstorps IF and IK Pandora FF.
No less than eight teams from the Southeast set up in this age group where 13 and 14 kids played together. Ystad team IK Pandora FF impressed big and went unbeaten throughout the cup without releasing a single goal. In the final, one of Gärsnäs AIS teams was defeated by 2-0.
Semifinal 1: Gärsnäs AIS 1-Gärsnäs AIS 2 2-1
Semifinal 2: IK Pandora FF-Harlösa IF / Veberöds IF 3-0
Final: Gärsnäs AIS 1-IK Pandora FF 0-2
Tomelilla's third straight in Gåsacupen
Boys 10 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Ystads IF and Spjutstorps IF.
Boys 11 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Janstorps AIF and Spjutstorps IF.
Boys 12 years
Participating teams from southeastern Skåne: Ystads IF 1 and Ystad's IF 2.
Boys 13 years
Participating law from southeastern Scania: IFK Simrishamn.
After two clear wins over Lunds SK and Lilla Torg FF and a slight loss against Råå IF in the group play, IFK Simrishamn won his semifinal over Gislövs IF with 2-1 after penalty. In the final, there was a new button loss against Råå IF. Penalties decided on Råå IF's advantage.
Boys 14 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Janstorps AIF, Tomelilla IF and IFK Simrishamn.
Eight teams in two groups where last year's finalists Tomelilla IF and IFK Simrishamn already met in the first group match. Tomelilla won with 5-1 and then went all the way to the final where they also defeated Kvarnby IK with 2-1. This was the third straight Gåsacup win for Tomelilla's 04 team.
Semifinal 1: Janstorps AIF-Kvarnby IK 0-4
Semifinal 2: Tomelilla IF-Bjärreds IF 2-1
Final: Kvarnby IK-Tomelilla IF 1-2
Prior to the final match in the qualifying group, Tomelilla IF's mission was to win big against already-sown Fortuna FF. The mission went crazy but because FC Trelleborg won his match and thus the whole qualifying group did not suffice Sunday afternoon's clear 5-0 victory on an icy cold Tomelilla IP. Tomelilla is now forced to start the next pre-season as a division 4 team.
Tomelilla took full speed immediately and after just five minutes Jacob Wetterberg was able to place a free kick. Five minutes later, team captain Joakim Persson slammed second. 2-XNUM already after ten minutes did not directly raise the battle morale of visiting Fortuna who had major problems in the rear positions.
Team captain Joakim Persson double shot
Tomelilla had a solid ball holding and Fortuna was only allowed to stand up in some single litter. The match was early settled and the few people, only 141 paying, had only to wait for 3-0 and it was again Joakim Persson who painted.
The match picture on Tomelilla IP continued after the break. 4-0 by Anders Nilsson and in the 85 minute, Ahmed Zukanovic set the final score to 5-0. The question now was how the second match in the qualifying group continued - FC Trelleborg at home against strong Veberöds AIF. Both teams had a chance of advancement in the event of a win and it was thus the thrall citizens who eventually pulled the longest straw.
Högström will take the TIF back to division 3
Despite 5-0, coach Mikael Göransson is now forced to finish his long coaching career at Tomelilla IF by stating that the team may start over in the fourth. In the southeastern division the 4 series awaits, among others, the local law Janstorps AIF, IFK Simrishamn, Rydsgårds AIF and Lunnarps BK. This was Göransson's last match as coach for Tomelilla's team. Now it will be the new coach Magnus Högström who has the task of bringing up the team to division 3 again.
- We will be back again and the road there will start tomorrow (read today). Now a little break is waiting for the pigeons after a long season and we are starting the world's longest pre-season in mid-November, writes the association on its website.
If the team keeps the player squad, there should be no impossible task for Magnus Högström to bring up Tomelilla to the third. Most players are high-level, perhaps too high for games in the fourth. But if you want to play football on Österlen there is not much to choose from for those who are looking upwards in the series system. Higher up there are only Österlen FF who recently passed new contract in division 2. A division 3 team is needed in southeastern Scania. In about a year, we know if Tomelilla IF managed to fill that gap.
In March next, the Special Olympics World Summer Games will be decided in Abu Dhabi. Over 7000 active from 170 countries will meet and compete in 24 different sports for two weeks. One of the sports is bowling where Mikael Engström from FF Österlen was taken out as leader of the Swedish bowling team.
This is the second time that Mikael Engström is taken as the leader of the bowling team that represents Sweden in the Special Olympics World Summer Games. Last time, four years ago, the races in the United States went. This time, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi are the organizers. The competitions will be decided in 14-21 March next year.
- Special Olympics is the Olympic Games for the mentally impaired. It's fun that little Simrishamn has someone there. It feels like I have succeeded with my goals - to get the group to work together and have fun together, ”says Mikael Engström, who also cracks extra as a judge in the youth football in southeastern Scania.
- It is fun to develop the young people in Österlen. I like to teach instead of punishing. As a leader and judge, it is important to explain to the youth what mistakes are made, concludes Mikael Engström.
Mikael Engström is also a board member and leader of FF Österlen, an association that caters to people with disabilities and who has the entire south-east of Skåne as their catchment area. The association today has over 45 active bowlers.
The globe dumps in the parquet and rolls towards the target. The cones fall over, rattles. Someone knocks down all ten skittles and screams "yes, a strike". It is a series game in bowling for disabled people, so-called parabowling, in the Korsavadshallen in Simrishamn.
Österlensport stops at the course where Peter Håkansson plays. He represents BK Skoj from Tollarp, has lined bowling for almost 30 years and did just seven barriers in his series.
- It is just as important with barriers as with strings, it may be those who decide on the end, says Peter Håkansson.
In the next series Peter Håkansson beats six locks and in the series then eight. Spärrspecialisten Håkansson continues.
- Everyone can play bowling, it's great fun. You meet other bowlers and can see very many different styles.
300 series by Larry Johansson
Home player Eddie Engström from FF Österlen has finished playing for today. And it went well. In four series he scored 766 points. Even better was Larry Johansson who totally beat 978 points in his four series. One of these was an 300 series - so all the strings!
- We won our match, says Eddie Engström proudly.
What is so much fun about bowling?
- You get many friends. First we started with football but then it became bowling. It's fun to focus and aim. Then it has to have straight arm and get to the screw, says Eddie Engström.
45 bowler including 18 licensed
Mikael Engström, Eddie's father, is both a board member and leader of FF Österlen, an association that is aimed at people with disabilities and who have the entire south-east of Skåne as their catchment area. The association has over 45 active bowlers.
- It is only Skåne who has a series game in bowling for the disabled and now it was our turn to arrange series games here in Simrishamn. It was ten years since we last arranged and it is 16 teams that are here and playing. We have one team in the highest series, division 1, and one in division 2. Most play only because it's fun, then we have 18 bowlers with competition license, says Mikael Engström.
Do you practice any other sports in FF Österlen?
- In the past we also played football but now it is just bowling. It is a sport that everyone can practice and there are many opportunities to meet friends. It is about having fun and having a meaningful leisure time. Those who live in Tomelilla and Simrishamn train here in Korsavadshallen once a week and those who live in Ystad train in Ystad. Then we meet at the sports ground in Järrestad where we have our base, concludes Mikael Engström.
The results from the Skåne series game in parabowling can be found below.
Österlen FF's last home game for the season started well when Fabian Karlsson already squeezed a free kick behind the goalkeeper in Hässleholms IF already in the third minute. Otherwise, this was Mladen Blagojevic's second-last match as the team's coach, not much to write home about. Hässleholm painted, scored five goals in the second half and eventually won with the whole 5-1 which brought them up to qualifying spot before the closing round.
The first half was a constant pressure on Österlen's goals. That it was 1-0 to the home team in the half was a mystery. But the guests' dividends would come retroactively directly in the second half. After a precise post from the right, the ball steamed down in front of Anton Henryson's feet which had just poked in 1-1. After the receipt, Österlen got up and had a lot of ball possession during an 15-minute period when he was pressed for a management goal. Hässleholm then took the opportunity to utilize a changeover position up to the off-line 1-2.
Frustrated and hopeless
Two minutes later, it rattled once again behind Matt Silva in the Österlen goal. The frustration turned into despair and Österlen had, despite some prey, no countermeasure to turn the match picture. With the quarter left, Hässleholm's Mattias Andersson threw in 1-4 and ten minutes later Kristian Rafael Brymora set the final score until 1-5.
Despite the big loss against Hässleholms IF, Österlen FF has secured a new contract for next year's division 2 games. Jonas Stridsberg takes over as head coach after Mladen Blagojevic. Unclear yet, Blagojevic was found next season.
A very tagged FC Cimrishamn made two really strong periods against Lundalaget Teknologkårens IF on Saturday. This was enough to take the season's first victory with 8-7 at home in Jonebergshallen in Simrishamn.
After the series premiere last weekend, we were many who wondered how the team should get into a game of attack that can loosen up the opposition defense, who will help the last season's shooting winner Andreas Björborn with goal shooter and how the defense game will become more aggressive without it entailing expulsion minutes?
The answers came immediately in Saturday's home premiere in the Joneberg Hall and it was a hearty excuse for coach Fredrik Hennigor who founded the victory.
- After the away premiere, the players of the week have got a real leveling off, says Fredrik Hennigor.
The match against Teknologkårens IF started at a very high pace where FC Cimrishamn pushed back the guests with a loud and aggressive press play. The home team was drummed by the dedicated and strong home finish but it took 14.23 in the first period before the home team got a fair dividend. Andreas Larsson took the ball centrally and saw the door in the away team's goal cage. The FCC then managed a numerical disadvantage before Dennis Hedqvist showed which heavy shot he has from his back position. Hedqvist's canon from half-plan to 2-0 was also the result after period one.
In the beginning of the second period, the FCC increased to 3-0 by clapping-clapping games signed by Andreas Björborn (forwards) and Veton Gashi (scorer). The technology repository replicated immediately by making careful use of a counter-attack. 4-1 came in numerically superior, where Andreas Björborn served Teddy Nander in front of the target. The guests replicated again until 4-2 before Andreas Larsson pressed 5-2 after a nice ball shot behind and over the target. Before the second period, Andreas Björborn presented his specialty - to pellet the ball kitchen path behind the goalkeeper. 6-2 cord for Cimrishamn after two impressive periods.
Before the third period, the question was whether the FCC would be able to keep up the level or if you would be comfortable in the belief that the match was already won. It was both. The guests stepped up, made a strong pick-up and were extremely close to catching up targeting. The FCC, however, held off to an 8-7 outbreak. If the Simrishamn team can hold the same high level in the course of a whole match in the future, it can carry really long in the two initial periods.
After a couple of years as a child and youth manager in IFK Simrishamn, Magnus Högström returns to the mother club Tomelilla IF, where after the qualifying qualification he takes over the a-team.
The players in Tomelilla IF have today found out about the coach change. Current coaches Mikael Göransson and Johan Montan lead Tomelilla through the qualification for division 3, which starts now for the weekend. Hopefully the Tomelilla will win the qualifying group and can continue the investment in division 3 also next season, then with Magnus Högström as head coach.
A dream to lead the mother club
- It has always been a dream to lead my mother club. Now it was the right time, my children are big and I have the time. It will be a great challenge. We are working on getting an assistant coach and hopefully we will keep our goalkeeper coach for another year, ”says Magnus Högström.
Will you be able to keep your fingers in control now during the qualification?
- I'm just going to watch the games and have nothing to do with the coaching in the qualifier. I take over after qualifying.
Your goals with Tomelilla in the short and long term?
- In the short term it is of course to win the qualification and stay in the third. In the long run, I want younger hungry players who want to work out and take a hard job both on training and in matches. That's the attitude I go into and I want to be reflected in the players.
"I am human connoisseur"
Magnus Högström has the second highest coach training (UEFA-A) that can be obtained.
Your strengths as a coach?
- I am very straight, honest and good at pushing the players. I keep my feet on the ground and run the football I believe in. I want a lot of ball stuff session, games within the team sections and signals between the players. I want a structured assault game with a lot of people in the box. I am human connoisseur and many enjoy my surroundings.
What will you miss with IFK Simrishamn?
- Everything, I enjoy being great in Simrishamn and that is why I have stayed here for about two and a half years. I like to open the door in the future for Simrishamn but now it is Tomelilla that applies.
Will not miss the wind
Something you will not miss?
- The wind in the pre-season. It's a little special. I leave Simrishamn just as I want to leave, with the flag in the top. I feel that I have done a good job and tonight, the 15 team is playing for the series victory in the northeastern series. The guys have taken big steps in their football education, concludes Magnus Högström.
Who replaces Magnus Högström as a youth coach in IFK Simrishamn was still unclear on Friday night.
FC Cimrishamn's premiere in the floor dance division 3 southern Skåne away against IBK Genarp became a real bottom button. And it didn't get any better that three goals were made by the FCC's former coach, Anders Bäckman, now in Genarp, who then caught a hat trick on his former teammates in Cimrishamn.
Genarp only needed 37 seconds to make the season's first series goal on Cimrishamn. After just over half the first period, the home team also made 2-0 but the FCC replicated quickly twice within 13 seconds! and equalized to 2-2. FCC's premiere shooter was Andreas Björborn and the receipt bombed Carl Ackerlén nicely from his back position.
In the second period, it sometimes heated to on the plane with several expulsions as a result. Genarp was allowed to take the lead again before Cimrishamn's Andreas Larsson proved that it was worth working hard in the press game - Larsson sent in the receipt until 3-3 after 8.42. Only 17 seconds later Anders Bäckman Genarp gave new management.
Cimrishamns got up and played with a really good period in the middle of the final period, with a couple of numerical superiors, but more balls did not want to enter the opponent goal this afternoon. Instead, Genarp was able to run away and eventually won fairly with the whole 8-3.
Cimrishamn's coach Fredrik Hennigor has a lot to think about for the upcoming home premiere on Saturday when Teknologkårens IF from Lund comes to visit Jonbebergshallen. For example, how does the team get to an attack game that can more often loosen up the opponent's defense? Who will help last season's shooter Andreas Björborn with goal scorer? How does the defense game become more aggressive without causing expulsion minutes? On Saturday at 13.00 we will see if Fredrik Hennigor has found the answers.