Tough return awaits Ystad in the European qualifiers
Written by Joachim Orrenius / 28 October, 2019
0-4 at home at Sandskogens IP in the double meet against division 3 team Hestrafors IF in qualifying for the amateur cup UEFA Regions Cup. The coming weekend's return on away plan will be a tough task for Ystads IF.
Already in the fourth minute, the visitors created their first goal chance on a windy Sand Forest's IP. Minutes later, it was YIF's turn when Edin Sarhatlic finished off from a narrow angle. Hestrafors had some more ball possession in the swinging first half where Ystad occasionally threatened with balls out to left-hander Carl Persson, who did not, however, get away from his guards. Halfway into the half, Ystad washed out a bunch of corners that created some disorder in the visitors' penalty area.
A few minutes later it was Hestrafors who created pressure towards the home goal with several open positions. In the 35 minute the visitors' pressure resulted in Chris Makindu's close range. In the extra time of the first 45, Ystad got another corner where the ball danced just above Hestrafors goal line, or was the ball clean off the line? The referee did not think so, half time 0-1.
The second half started with Ystad being forced into a center-back exchange, Gustav Göransson out and Jonathan Jensen in. The same course of events as in the beginning of the first half when Emil Svensson replaced Alexander Bernhoff in the midfield.
Carl Persson continued his runs, now from the right, and had a couple of runs to the right of Hestrafor's goalkeeper. The visitors were clearly the better team in the second half and after Emil Pettersson's 0-2 goal there was no snack. Ystad tried to push forward but Hestrafors showed both speed in the conversion game and efficiency in the closing, which punished the home team two more times, Sajad Mohammadi and Emil Pettersson. Final result 0-4 which of course becomes difficult to turn over on Saturday when the return game is played. But how would the match picture have been if the receipt ball had been approved at the end of the first half?
The UEFA Regions Cup is an amateur tournament where teams between division 2 and 7 can register. Ystads IF and Hestrafors IF were the only teams in Sweden to register. Conquering teams in the double meet will therefore also become Sweden's representative in the continuing qualification that will be played this summer.
After three years as head coach for Österlen FF, and assistant coach for Mjällby AIF part of the past season, Mladen Blagojevic stepped up these two coaching assignments last fall. New club address for the voice-rich coach is the division 2 club FC Rosengård in Malmö, which he and Ylli Shabani train from the turn of the year.
Like Valentino Lai's layout
How does this happen?
- It was the right time for us to get together now. I like the presentation presented by the club with Valentino Lai as sports manager. There will be good continuity and hard work, says Mladen Blagojevic.
Blagojevic also works as a football coach at a high school in Skurup where he performs nine passes per week. Now there will be another four training sessions with FC Rosengårds a-team. Officially, Blagojevic checks in with FC Rosengård at the turn of the year but already the Blagojevic winners' skull has kicked off.
- The goal is to make good results, both on a plan and as a leader. Of course, it's about winning. Recently I won a ping-match with 4-1 in a set against a student here at school.
What will you miss from your time here at Österlen?
- I am a social person and have made friends for life at Österlen, just talked to Erling Silverberg. What I will not miss is all the driving and the risk of meeting on an elk.
Dejan Blagojevic ready for KSF Srbija Malmö
Do you bring some players from Österlen to Rosengård, your brother Dejan (Blagojevic) for example?
- I'm not taking anybody with me. Then if there is someone who wants to come then it is up to that player. Dejan turns down a bit and will play division 4 football for KSF Srbija Malmö, concludes Mladen Blagojevic.
During the rallycross in South Africa, William Nilsson became best Swedish in his fourth place. At the same time, he ends seventh in the international championship RX2 International Series.
- During the year, I have developed as a driver and the setbacks have in several ways made me stronger, says Nilsson.
The rally cross is over for this year. It was Cape Town that got the point for the season and the RX2 International Series. For the 19-year-old show, the weekend was far from trouble-free. During the first and second round, the steering burst after two different incidents and in the fourth round Nilsson got puncture. In the semi-finals he made a good start from other stages, but after three laps he got problems and the brakes stopped working. Even so, he managed to make a second place. In the final, Nilsson was in a good position when the driver got a puncture in front. He was forced to weigh, the drivers collapsed and he spun off the track.
- Of course I lost the chances on the podium in the competition. But there was not much to do in such a situation than trying to make the best of the situation. Considering how the competition has gone before, I am satisfied with the fourth place. At the same time, I have shown that the pace exists, even though it was not enough all the way, he says.
This year's season has been long and struggling, but nevertheless Nilsson has a second place in Supercar Lites-SM and a fourth place in RallyX Nordic, and seventh place internationally.
- It has been a sickly frustrating season, but nevertheless I take with me an SM silver and finish seven in the world through this series. Of course, I aimed for a higher result, with honestly: "Shit happens". During the year I developed as a driver and the setbacks have in several ways made me stronger. In short, I close the 2018 door and already open the 2019-year gap.
Exactly what happens next season is not yet decided, but there are no plans to put the helmet on the shelf.
- I want to thank my sponsors, the family and my team JC Raceteknik. Thank you for believing in me, always supporting and making this possible. Rallycross is a complex sport. It's not just about gas and driving, but there are many components that must cope. We do this together, because one could never have succeeded alone.
The football icon Lennart "Nacka" Skoglund has been given two statues in Sweden. One at Södermalm in the middle of Bajenland, and one at the sports ground in Borrby here at Österlen. The eastern humid climate has worn hard on the Borrby statue, made of old shipboard, since it was inaugurated eight years ago.
Now the statue has been renovated. The initiators of the statue's rise, Rickard Andersson and Ulf Andersson, together with representatives of Borrby IF have been helped.
- The statue is hollow and damp air creeps in, both here and there. Rust is natural, it is, after all, eight years now. We have done superficial washing and sanded the statue, then we painted on a new color, ”says Ulf Andersson, who, incidentally, is the industrious baj supporter and older brother of the federal coach Janne Andersson.
Nacka is wearing the brazilian team Fluminense's white match set, you weren't keen on painting over the brass's match set and replacing with Bajens green-white stand?
- Now, the statue stands there to mark a historical event. Actually, Nacka would have lyred with the Österlen combination that met Fluminense in that show match in Borrby 1960, but the Swedish Football Association stopped it. Instead, he played with the brasses and therefore it became Fluminense's match set on the statue, continues Andersson.
When the statue was inaugurated, there was an occasional local patriot who questioned why the Bajar and the south shore Nacka would stand statue in Skåne. Today, the statue has become part of Borrby's soul and is both popular and well-attended. Many, especially green-white, holidaymakers at Österlen are able to visit Nackastatyn when they spend holidays in south-eastern Skåne, and every Christmas Eve, Bajen Fans Österlen and Borrby IF arrange traditional Christmas Eve celebrations at the statue at 12.00.
- Bajen should also place a training camp for Borrby before next season, Ulf Andersson suggests in the end.
That Hammarby comes to Borrby on training camps probably has high odds. The green-white fans will probably keep up with the traditional Christmas Eve celebration at the statue.
IFK Simrishamn's popular Kamratcupen looks to get rid of even this winter. Twelve teams were registered for the senior class on Tuesday evening and the organizer now hopes that more applications will drop in before the registration period expires in just over a week. The group play is decided on 30 December and 2-XNUM January. Final day on the 4 of January.
Hoping for over 20 teams in the senior class
- We hope to be over 20 teams in the senior class. IFK Simrishamn presents its new acquisitions. Österlen FF and Tomelilla IF are also registered so Österlen's best team is all with. In addition, two futsal clubs with, Futsal Deluxe and last year's victories FC Plisat, says IFK Simrishamn's youth manager Izet Kaljic, who at the New Year will be the role of board representative in the Simrishamnsklubben.
So far twelve registered teams
FC Plisat, Futsal Deluxe FC, IFK Simrishamn 1, IFK Simrishamn 2, Sankt Olof IF, Borrby IF, Tomelilla IF, Hammenhög IF, Torna Hällestad IF, Liga 06, Gärsnäs AIS and Österlen FF.
"Chance to show off to a large public"
In addition to the senior class, a youth cup is also played during the Kamrat Cup. But no women's cup will be this year either. The interest there is too bad, which is of course due to the fact that there are not enough women's teams who want to play futsal.
Any news for this year's Kamratcupen?
- We should be more frequent with reporting of pictures, reports and video clips. We want it to be a nice setting with music and effects, especially during the playoffs (with DJ in place). And as always, there will be a cruel atmosphere in the stands. So here are many profiles in place, teams and players. As well as coaches. A good chance for associations to show up for a large public and for a lot of children and young people who come and look.
Group play slot live
Kamratcupen is a futsal cup that is arranged in the Korsavadshallen in Simrishamn. The group play slot is live on the 7 December at 19.00 via IFK Simrishamn's Facebook page.
New Tomelilla coach Magnus Högström got a sad start when Tomelilla IF a couple of weeks ago failed to qualify for the third. Today, it is much happier mines in Tomelilla after the association has been offered a free return to division 3. The Sejouren in Division 4 thus became a record card.
- The plot came early this year. We have been offered a place in the 3 division next season and this of course we thanked yes. Division 3 on IP 2019, thanks for that, writes Tomelilla on her Facebook.
Österlensport contacted Skåne's Football Association to hear about the background to the gratifying message.
- There is a vacancy arrangement in Sweden about who should fit if any team withdraws from a series. I do not know which team withdrew, it may have been a northern team. Now it was at least Skåne's turn to get that vacancy and then Tomelilla was at the top of the rankings after the fall of the fall. So they got the question and have accepted yes, says Andreas Törnqvist, competition administrator at Skåne's Football Association.
Who now takes Tomelilla's place in division 4?
- It takes Vanneberga IF. And then there will be a vacancy in five and that place takes Torna Hällestads IF. And the six-week vacancy takes Skånes Fagerhults IF. Then it becomes rockads in the series maps that it is a bit witty to get together. It is geography that is decisive and we have presented the new series classification for the associations this afternoon. And tomorrow, at our meeting of the Supervisory Board, a final decision will be taken on the proposed proposal. The associations can come up with counter-proposals that we together with the associations may make decisions about, concludes Andreas Törnqvist.
The move does not affect Tomelilla's training scheme. Three workouts per week until mid-December are what applies. The early Christmas present, however, gives coach Högström and his men extra motivation during the upcoming training period. Good for football in southeastern Scania!
In the two seasons, IFK Simrishamn is one of the top teams in the southeastern division of the 4 football. Now we are investing in taking the step all the way up to division 3.
After Simrishamnsklubben earlier this fall made with Bassam Ahmad from the division 2 team Österlen FF now join two more players, Tibor Cica and Jonathan Karlsen, from the same club. In addition, Rasmus Nilsson from Brösarps IF is ready. In other words; good conditions for IFK Simrishamn to belong to the top of the four even in the coming season.
The new acquisitions add to routine and character
- We are 100 years next year and we are stretching the bow considerably. This is the biggest investment in 20-25 years. We have looked at Jonte (Jonathan Karlsen) for some time and after some meetings it felt better and better. He had one year left on his contract, but we have solved that with Österlen FF and we are very happy about that. Bassam (Ahmad) came to us already in the late summer. He has come in well in the group and continues in IFK next season as well. With Tibor we also have ongoing conversations. He is also a fantastic football player. Moreover, Tibor and Bassam work colleagues so it has facilitated the contact, IFK Simrishamn's chairman Morgan Ristmägi begins.
Rasmus Nilsson is an 21-year-old talent who lives in Östra Vemmerlöv. The other three live in Simrishamn, something that Morgan Ristmägi sees as a great advantage.
- It is players who live and work here and will be in Simrishamn. After training and home games they are at home in a few minutes, says Morgan Ristmägi.
- This year I have played with Brösarp but felt that it was time for me to try games at a higher level. Then Simrishamn is great for me to develop in. I am a winner skull and am very ambitious with my training. I also believe that I can participate and contribute to success, ”says Rasmus Nilsson.
- We had a strong squad already last year but are disappointed with the result. We had some gaps characteristically. Now we bring in a couple of experienced players with a strong character and who know what is required. We turned down in a couple of matches this past season. Players need to stand up when it blows. Rasmus is typically such a player that we at IFK Simrishamn want to connect with - young, ambitious with winner skull and who can be used at several different positions, says IFK Simrishamn's head coach Marcus Svensson.
Jonathan Karlsen assists Marcus Svensson
Jonathan Karlsen will also have the role of assistant coach to Marcus Svensson.
- Marcus has been a coach with us for quite some time now and both of us on the board and the player group wanted to keep him, but we needed to get some type of leader who can challenge and question him correctly. And in that role, Jonte is perfect, says Morgan Ristmägi.
- I have previously been asked as assistant coach in lower divisions but then it has not been relevant. This is a step into the coaching role which is my thought in the future when I put the shoes on the shelf. It is canon to come here at a good level and go next to Marcus, says Jonathan Karlsen, who also gets praise from Bassam Ahmad.
- He's a wonderful guy, excuse MAN. I have known Jonte for five years and he has helped me a lot, both on and off plan. When I came here this summer I had already decided to continue playing here in Simrishamn. We live out here and I will probably stay here a few more years. I am very positive about everything that happens in the club and also want to be involved in the youth activities. Marcus has explained what he wants to get out of me and together with Tibor and Jonte we will raise the level. We are investing in winning the 4 division, says Bassam Ahmad.
Tibor Cica and Jonathan Karlsen have also known each other for a long time. In addition to Österlen FF, they have also played together in LB07.
- I am happy for Jontes reason that he becomes an assistant coach. I know he is a real leader and that he will do it really well as an assistant, says Tibor Cica.
Jonathan Karlsen has been an important cog in Österlen FF's law building for about a decade. In recent years he has been the captain.
Suppose there are some nostalgia now that you leave ÖFF?
- A little, it was a difficult decision in the beginning but afterwards the decision has landed and become easier and easier. We soon get our second child and the family is always number one. Then we bought a house in Simrishamn. And so the bet on football in Simrishamn - trying to get a team, except Österlen, up in the series system. It will be exciting with the youth initiative too. It feels like the perfect step to go here to Simrishamn and still keep a good level, and maybe help the team to the third. I hate to lose and do not come here to step down. However, I will spend less time on football, overall. Had the association not had the ambition to go up to the third, I had not come here, says Jonathan Karlsen.
"We don't come here to joke"
To compete with Österlen FF (division 2) as Southeast Skåne's best team is nothing that Morgan Ristmägi and Marcus Svensson have in mind right now. However, it will be interesting and close matches in the series against the local teams from the southeast; Lunnarps BK, Sjöbo IF, Janstorps AIF and Tomelilla IF. And the goal is of course to win the 4 division.
In IFK Simrishamn's clubhouse stands the princess cake and soft drinks. None of the players touch the sweets. They have not come to IFK Simrishamn to eat cake and retire.
- I am happy to be here and look forward to the season next year. Perhaps many people think that we come here to unwind, but that is not the case. We will not come here to joke. We want to win the four and we want to do it in style, says Tibor Cica.
Successful youth activities
The average age has some matches during the past season been just over 20, which is low. In some matches, a couple of 15 and 16 year olds have been involved.
- Simrishamn will stand for a nursery and then the 3 division is a very good platform to stand on when it comes to the a-team. For those who want and have ambitions, Simrishamn becomes a good springboard in the development of football. Jonte, Bassam and Tibor raise the middle age a bit but above all they will show the younger players what it takes. This is very positive for the youth football in Simrishamn, says Marcus Svensson.
Now a month's open window is waiting for some players to try out other clubs. The 15 December closes the transfer window and then we know what the test exercises and negotiations have resulted in. In the latter part of January, the pre-season training will start running seriously.
- Jonathan and I will talk to us and try a lot now during the long pre-season. These are guys who are adaptable and who do what is best for the team. Regardless of where on the plan one should contribute. It is a pleasure to have access to such good players. Now we have good tools and now it has to perform. But it must not be a must to win, it should be a will - it's a damn difference, concludes Marcus Svensson.
Pandora cleared all his opponents
Girls 10 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Köpingebro IF.
Girls 11 and 12 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Gärsnäs AIS.
Girls 13 and 14 years
Participating teams from southeastern Skåne: Gärsnäs AIS 1, Gärsnäs AIS 2, Tomelilla IF, SoGK Charlo 1, SoGK Charlo 2, Janstorps AIF, Spjutstorps IF and IK Pandora FF.
No less than eight teams from the Southeast set up in this age group where 13 and 14 kids played together. Ystad team IK Pandora FF impressed big and went unbeaten throughout the cup without releasing a single goal. In the final, one of Gärsnäs AIS teams was defeated by 2-0.
Semifinal 1: Gärsnäs AIS 1-Gärsnäs AIS 2 2-1
Semifinal 2: IK Pandora FF-Harlösa IF / Veberöds IF 3-0
Final: Gärsnäs AIS 1-IK Pandora FF 0-2
Tomelilla's third straight in Gåsacupen
Boys 10 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Ystads IF and Spjutstorps IF.
Boys 11 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Janstorps AIF and Spjutstorps IF.
Boys 12 years
Participating teams from southeastern Skåne: Ystads IF 1 and Ystad's IF 2.
Boys 13 years
Participating law from southeastern Scania: IFK Simrishamn.
After two clear wins over Lunds SK and Lilla Torg FF and a slight loss against Råå IF in the group play, IFK Simrishamn won his semifinal over Gislövs IF with 2-1 after penalty. In the final, there was a new button loss against Råå IF. Penalties decided on Råå IF's advantage.
Boys 14 years
Participating teams from southeastern Scania: Janstorps AIF, Tomelilla IF and IFK Simrishamn.
Eight teams in two groups where last year's finalists Tomelilla IF and IFK Simrishamn already met in the first group match. Tomelilla won with 5-1 and then went all the way to the final where they also defeated Kvarnby IK with 2-1. This was the third straight Gåsacup win for Tomelilla's 04 team.
Semifinal 1: Janstorps AIF-Kvarnby IK 0-4
Semifinal 2: Tomelilla IF-Bjärreds IF 2-1
Final: Kvarnby IK-Tomelilla IF 1-2
Prior to the final match in the qualifying group, Tomelilla IF's mission was to win big against already-sown Fortuna FF. The mission went crazy but because FC Trelleborg won his match and thus the whole qualifying group did not suffice Sunday afternoon's clear 5-0 victory on an icy cold Tomelilla IP. Tomelilla is now forced to start the next pre-season as a division 4 team.
Tomelilla took full speed immediately and after just five minutes Jacob Wetterberg was able to place a free kick. Five minutes later, team captain Joakim Persson slammed second. 2-XNUM already after ten minutes did not directly raise the battle morale of visiting Fortuna who had major problems in the rear positions.
Team captain Joakim Persson double shot
Tomelilla had a solid ball holding and Fortuna was only allowed to stand up in some single litter. The match was early settled and the few people, only 141 paying, had only to wait for 3-0 and it was again Joakim Persson who painted.
The match picture on Tomelilla IP continued after the break. 4-0 by Anders Nilsson and in the 85 minute, Ahmed Zukanovic set the final score to 5-0. The question now was how the second match in the qualifying group continued - FC Trelleborg at home against strong Veberöds AIF. Both teams had a chance of advancement in the event of a win and it was thus the thrall citizens who eventually pulled the longest straw.
Högström will take the TIF back to division 3
Despite 5-0, coach Mikael Göransson is now forced to finish his long coaching career at Tomelilla IF by stating that the team may start over in the fourth. In the southeastern division the 4 series awaits, among others, the local law Janstorps AIF, IFK Simrishamn, Rydsgårds AIF and Lunnarps BK. This was Göransson's last match as coach for Tomelilla's team. Now it will be the new coach Magnus Högström who has the task of bringing up the team to division 3 again.
- We will be back again and the road there will start tomorrow (read today). Now a little break is waiting for the pigeons after a long season and we are starting the world's longest pre-season in mid-November, writes the association on its website.
If the team keeps the player squad, there should be no impossible task for Magnus Högström to bring up Tomelilla to the third. Most players are high-level, perhaps too high for games in the fourth. But if you want to play football on Österlen there is not much to choose from for those who are looking upwards in the series system. Higher up there are only Österlen FF who recently passed new contract in division 2. A division 3 team is needed in southeastern Scania. In about a year, we know if Tomelilla IF managed to fill that gap.
In March next, the Special Olympics World Summer Games will be decided in Abu Dhabi. Over 7000 active from 170 countries will meet and compete in 24 different sports for two weeks. One of the sports is bowling where Mikael Engström from FF Österlen was taken out as leader of the Swedish bowling team.
This is the second time that Mikael Engström is taken as the leader of the bowling team that represents Sweden in the Special Olympics World Summer Games. Last time, four years ago, the races in the United States went. This time, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi are the organizers. The competitions will be decided in 14-21 March next year.
- Special Olympics is the Olympic Games for the mentally impaired. It's fun that little Simrishamn has someone there. It feels like I have succeeded with my goals - to get the group to work together and have fun together, ”says Mikael Engström, who also cracks extra as a judge in the youth football in southeastern Scania.
- It is fun to develop the young people in Österlen. I like to teach instead of punishing. As a leader and judge, it is important to explain to the youth what mistakes are made, concludes Mikael Engström.
Mikael Engström is also a board member and leader of FF Österlen, an association that caters to people with disabilities and who has the entire south-east of Skåne as their catchment area. The association today has over 45 active bowlers.
The globe dumps in the parquet and rolls towards the target. The cones fall over, rattles. Someone knocks down all ten skittles and screams "yes, a strike". It is a series game in bowling for disabled people, so-called parabowling, in the Korsavadshallen in Simrishamn.
Österlensport stops at the course where Peter Håkansson plays. He represents BK Skoj from Tollarp, has lined bowling for almost 30 years and did just seven barriers in his series.
- It is just as important with barriers as with strings, it may be those who decide on the end, says Peter Håkansson.
In the next series Peter Håkansson beats six locks and in the series then eight. Spärrspecialisten Håkansson continues.
- Everyone can play bowling, it's great fun. You meet other bowlers and can see very many different styles.
300 series by Larry Johansson
Home player Eddie Engström from FF Österlen has finished playing for today. And it went well. In four series he scored 766 points. Even better was Larry Johansson who totally beat 978 points in his four series. One of these was an 300 series - so all the strings!
- We won our match, says Eddie Engström proudly.
What is so much fun about bowling?
- You get many friends. First we started with football but then it became bowling. It's fun to focus and aim. Then it has to have straight arm and get to the screw, says Eddie Engström.
45 bowler including 18 licensed
Mikael Engström, Eddie's father, is both a board member and leader of FF Österlen, an association that is aimed at people with disabilities and who have the entire south-east of Skåne as their catchment area. The association has over 45 active bowlers.
- It is only Skåne who has a series game in bowling for the disabled and now it was our turn to arrange series games here in Simrishamn. It was ten years since we last arranged and it is 16 teams that are here and playing. We have one team in the highest series, division 1, and one in division 2. Most play only because it's fun, then we have 18 bowlers with competition license, says Mikael Engström.
Do you practice any other sports in FF Österlen?
- In the past we also played football but now it is just bowling. It is a sport that everyone can practice and there are many opportunities to meet friends. It is about having fun and having a meaningful leisure time. Those who live in Tomelilla and Simrishamn train here in Korsavadshallen once a week and those who live in Ystad train in Ystad. Then we meet at the sports ground in Järrestad where we have our base, concludes Mikael Engström.
The results from the Skåne series game in parabowling can be found below.