Tibor Cica, Jonathan Karlsen, Bassam Ahmad and Rasmus Nilsson ready for IFK Simrishamn
Written by Joachim Orrenius / 14 November, 2018
In the two seasons, IFK Simrishamn is one of the top teams in the southeastern division of the 4 football. Now we are investing in taking the step all the way up to division 3.
After Simrishamnsklubben earlier this fall made with Bassam Ahmad from the division 2 team Österlen FF now join two more players, Tibor Cica and Jonathan Karlsen, from the same club. In addition, Rasmus Nilsson from Brösarps IF is ready. In other words; good conditions for IFK Simrishamn to belong to the top of the four even in the coming season.
The new acquisitions add to routine and character
- We are 100 years next year and we are stretching the bow considerably. This is the biggest investment in 20-25 years. We have looked at Jonte (Jonathan Karlsen) for some time and after some meetings it felt better and better. He had one year left on his contract, but we have solved that with Österlen FF and we are very happy about that. Bassam (Ahmad) came to us already in the late summer. He has come in well in the group and continues in IFK next season as well. With Tibor we also have ongoing conversations. He is also a fantastic football player. Moreover, Tibor and Bassam work colleagues so it has facilitated the contact, IFK Simrishamn's chairman Morgan Ristmägi begins.
Rasmus Nilsson is an 21-year-old talent who lives in Östra Vemmerlöv. The other three live in Simrishamn, something that Morgan Ristmägi sees as a great advantage.
- It is players who live and work here and will be in Simrishamn. After training and home games they are at home in a few minutes, says Morgan Ristmägi.
- This year I have played with Brösarp but felt that it was time for me to try games at a higher level. Then Simrishamn is great for me to develop in. I am a winner skull and am very ambitious with my training. I also believe that I can participate and contribute to success, ”says Rasmus Nilsson.
- We had a strong squad already last year but are disappointed with the result. We had some gaps characteristically. Now we bring in a couple of experienced players with a strong character and who know what is required. We turned down in a couple of matches this past season. Players need to stand up when it blows. Rasmus is typically such a player that we at IFK Simrishamn want to connect with - young, ambitious with winner skull and who can be used at several different positions, says IFK Simrishamn's head coach Marcus Svensson.
Jonathan Karlsen assists Marcus Svensson
Jonathan Karlsen will also have the role of assistant coach to Marcus Svensson.
- Marcus has been a coach with us for quite some time now and both of us on the board and the player group wanted to keep him, but we needed to get some type of leader who can challenge and question him correctly. And in that role, Jonte is perfect, says Morgan Ristmägi.
- I have previously been asked as assistant coach in lower divisions but then it has not been relevant. This is a step into the coaching role which is my thought in the future when I put the shoes on the shelf. It is canon to come here at a good level and go next to Marcus, says Jonathan Karlsen, who also gets praise from Bassam Ahmad.
- He's a wonderful guy, excuse MAN. I have known Jonte for five years and he has helped me a lot, both on and off plan. When I came here this summer I had already decided to continue playing here in Simrishamn. We live out here and I will probably stay here a few more years. I am very positive about everything that happens in the club and also want to be involved in the youth activities. Marcus has explained what he wants to get out of me and together with Tibor and Jonte we will raise the level. We are investing in winning the 4 division, says Bassam Ahmad.
Tibor Cica and Jonathan Karlsen have also known each other for a long time. In addition to Österlen FF, they have also played together in LB07.
- I am happy for Jontes reason that he becomes an assistant coach. I know he is a real leader and that he will do it really well as an assistant, says Tibor Cica.
Jonathan Karlsen has been an important cog in Österlen FF's law building for about a decade. In recent years he has been the captain.
Suppose there are some nostalgia now that you leave ÖFF?
- A little, it was a difficult decision in the beginning but afterwards the decision has landed and become easier and easier. We soon get our second child and the family is always number one. Then we bought a house in Simrishamn. And so the bet on football in Simrishamn - trying to get a team, except Österlen, up in the series system. It will be exciting with the youth initiative too. It feels like the perfect step to go here to Simrishamn and still keep a good level, and maybe help the team to the third. I hate to lose and do not come here to step down. However, I will spend less time on football, overall. Had the association not had the ambition to go up to the third, I had not come here, says Jonathan Karlsen.
"We don't come here to joke"
To compete with Österlen FF (division 2) as Southeast Skåne's best team is nothing that Morgan Ristmägi and Marcus Svensson have in mind right now. However, it will be interesting and close matches in the series against the local teams from the southeast; Lunnarps BK, Sjöbo IF, Janstorps AIF and Tomelilla IF. And the goal is of course to win the 4 division.
In IFK Simrishamn's clubhouse stands the princess cake and soft drinks. None of the players touch the sweets. They have not come to IFK Simrishamn to eat cake and retire.
- I am happy to be here and look forward to the season next year. Perhaps many people think that we come here to unwind, but that is not the case. We will not come here to joke. We want to win the four and we want to do it in style, says Tibor Cica.
Successful youth activities
The average age has some matches during the past season been just over 20, which is low. In some matches, a couple of 15 and 16 year olds have been involved.
- Simrishamn will stand for a nursery and then the 3 division is a very good platform to stand on when it comes to the a-team. For those who want and have ambitions, Simrishamn becomes a good springboard in the development of football. Jonte, Bassam and Tibor raise the middle age a bit but above all they will show the younger players what it takes. This is very positive for the youth football in Simrishamn, says Marcus Svensson.
Now a month's open window is waiting for some players to try out other clubs. The 15 December closes the transfer window and then we know what the test exercises and negotiations have resulted in. In the latter part of January, the pre-season training will start running seriously.
- Jonathan and I will talk to us and try a lot now during the long pre-season. These are guys who are adaptable and who do what is best for the team. Regardless of where on the plan one should contribute. It is a pleasure to have access to such good players. Now we have good tools and now it has to perform. But it must not be a must to win, it should be a will - it's a damn difference, concludes Marcus Svensson.
With this weekend's qualifying matches in football, the season's competition games ended. Apart from Spjutstorps IF as the next weekend has the chance to qualify for division 4. Regardless of the result of Spjutstorp's evening drama, we can already say that it was a good year for the team from the southeast - Österlen is on the move and advances the positions in the series system.
We start at the top of the series system where Hammenhögs IF's ladies had long been in first place but ended in a stable third place in division 1 south Götaland. Österlen FF finished fifth in the men's division 2 Östra Götaland with a new points record for the team in second place.
In the third, Tomelilla IF already plays, which next year will be joined by IFK Simrishamn. Simrishamn moves up after going through its division 4 series unbeaten - check out the impressive final table below. 19 wins, three draws and not a single loss!
Gärsnäs AIS puts a very strong season behind it. The five-man series victory means Division 4 games next season.
Gröstorps IF's season also impresses. After qualifying, the team takes the step up to division 5. The same misery up to five makes Öja FF.
The six will be a real wasp nest next season where the following teams settle on which is southeast Skåne's best division 6 team: Kiviks AIF, Rörums SK, Borrby IF, Svenstorps IF, Baskemölla IF and Lövestads IF.
In division 7 we find from Österlen Glemmingebro IF, Onslunda IF, Smedstorps IF and Sövestads IF. Which of these teams is investing in moving up the series system next year?
Now the beginning is another part of what makes football interesting - the silly season. A fox game between clubs, leaders and players - who recruits who?
Senior football in south-eastern Skåne is clearly on the rise and the higher up the series system the best teams reach, the more elite players are attracted to these clubs, which in turn means that player quality flows down the food chain to the teams in the divisions below. Quality is increased at all levels, Österlen is on the way!
Playing youth football until you become a senior is for several reasons preferable to already playing senior football as an 15 or 16 year. When that opportunity is not offered, it is important to find other solutions for the youth who want to continue playing football. This has been done by IFK Simrishamn together with Baskemölla IF.
IFK Simrishamn's 16 team, which consists of players born 03 and 04, will be offered A-team football for Baskemölla IF in the 6 division next season. In addition to Simrishamn's youth players, some players from IFK also join Simrishamn's current a-squad, which will form a senior backbone along with Baskemölla's current players. Coach for the "Simrisbaske team" will be Johan Hörberger, who already belongs to IFK Simrishamn's organization.
- The goal is for Baskemölla to become a top team in the six, says coach Johan Hörberger.
The idea is that the players who make progress in Baskemölla IF should be able to move to IFK Simrishamn's squad to feel the division 3 football there. Conversely, players who are not currently taking part in IFK Simrishamn's A squad should be able to join Baskemölla's A team. A kind of friendly farmer's team arrangement without written agreement.
- No, we do not enter into any agreements, more like a gentleman's agreement that both Baskemölla and we win, says IFK Simrishamn chairman Morgan Ristmägi.
Gröstorps IF has made a strong season in division 6 which it is hoped to be crowned with an advance to division 5. First qualifier against Yngsjö ended with 2-1 victory.
Saturday's nightfall on Impevallen's long-haired and slightly uneven carpet started with the team feeling each other. After ten minutes, the home team's Anton Persson got a deep ball which at first appeared to be taken care of by the visitors but in the opposing situation Persson came loose with the ball and was able to place 1-0.
Gröstorp's defense usually took the lead from the visitors' attacking attempts but after half an hour the receipt was close when a ball was cleared away on the finish line by a home player. A while later, Gröstorp had a great position until 2-0 when Anton Persson released Emil Löfvall who missed the goal in open position. But the notorious shooter Löfvall (21 goal in the basic series) would revenge halfway into the second half as he sprinted loose on the right edge and dotted 2-0 to his Gröstorp. Yngsjö had a difficult time creating dangerous goal chances but a penalty in the 72 minute made the score 2-1 which was also the final result.
Return next Saturday in Yngsjö at 14.00 when a bus load of Gröstorp supporters supports his village on the spot.
In this weekend's home match against Södra Sandby, Tomelilla IF secured a new contract in division 3 thanks to a stable 2-0 victory. Already, the association is aiming for next year's season. Hall-dressing Simon Rosén (former assistant coach at Sjöbo IF) is accepted as assistant coach to TIF's head coach Magnus Högström.
- Simon is an ambitious and determined trainer and man who has good solutions for how we will come to an end in the final third. He wants to work with details in front of the opponents' penalty area, which he will have room to further develop during 2020, says Magnus Högström.
How will you divide the assignment between you? - We will use each other's strengths and I am convinced that we complement each other really well.
Status in the squad, who extends, new players in, who leaves? - Since we have no contracted players, we will be "hit" by the free month so I do not yet know exactly how the squad looks next season. However, many players have already said that they will stay 2020. In the next two weeks, we will take stock of our existing squad. When it comes to new players we have contacted some interesting players before 2020. There are more players to contact but with respect for other clubs that qualify, we will wait to contact until they have qualified.
How do you want to summarize the season and what do you want to develop for the next season? - I think we have become a more attacking team during my first year in Tomelilla. We have worked a lot with the build-up of games and the direct recovery when we lose the ball. Next year's goal is to continue working with our ball possession and become even clearer with our press game, and to spice this up with Simon's skills the last third to succeed in scoring more goals ahead, concludes Magnus Högström.
Trelleborg FF's creative midfielder Zoran Jovanovic agrees with division 2 club Österlen FF. Jovanovic, who nowadays turns 33 years, has been a member of Trelleborgs FF in recent years, where he has been TFF's top scorer for several years, not least three years ago when he contributed most of all to Trelleborgs FF returning to the Superettan.
The contract with Trelleborgs FF expires after this season and thereafter he belongs to Österlen FF for the next three years.
A class acquisition, how does this come about? - I know Trelleborgs FF and several of the players quite well since my time as a leader in the club. Zoran was a teammate with Robin (Jacobsson) in Trelleborg and now he is craving something new and that way it is, says Österlen FF's head coach Jonas Stridsberg.
Jovanovic has had problems with a heel earlier in the season, how is his form in the current situation? - He is in good shape and looks forward to joining the group.
What role will Jovanovic have in the ÖFF? - On the plane we will use his experience and creativity. There will also be a substantial reinforcement alongside the planes. Zoran is a leader figure who also looks forward to helping our younger players take the next step in development.
Of course, a player of Jovanovic's caliber also attracts other talented players. Do you have more recruiting bombs going on? - Yes, we have more players that we are interested in, including a good player here locally who will join but it is too early to go out with this at present, concludes Jonas Stridsberg.
Zoran Jovanovic has IFK Malmö as the parent club and has made 20 junior national matches and three U21 national matches for Sweden. In Trelleborg's last match in Superettan when the team fell against Halmstads BK, Jovanovic sat on the bench. He does not learn to do that in Österlen FF.
Österlen's beaches are world famous and do not need any further presentations. The fact that they also educate talented beach football players is evidenced by the results in Åhus Beach Fotboll, which is currently underway at Täppetstranden in Åhus.
Several local teams from southeastern Skåne participate in this year's beach football days in Åhus. The best way to date has been for the newly composed and self-coached friend gang FC Stolpskott (the team consisted of 14-year-old boys from Gärsnäs, Tomelilla and Simrishamn and who because of the regulations could not officially be called FC Stolpskott but were forced to a couple of temporary player transfers and instead played during the name IFK Simrishamn where most of them play football everyday, which impressed big in the class for 14-year-old boys. Five wins and the goal difference 11-4 took the team to a superior team victory and quarter-finals in the A-finals where they took the sixth straight victory by defeating Mörrum with 2-1.
The semi-final against Kristianstad became a thrilling event where FC Stolpskott pressed for a major part of the match for a decision and which, during regular time and in the decisive penalty shoot-out (1-1 after full time), was just post-hits from the A-finals. FC Stolpskott's first participation in Åhus Beach Soccer (all winnings during regular match time) ended with well-deserved bronze medals. Victory in the A class did Wä.
- We are happy and have had two very happy cup days. Next year we will probably come back, then we are 15 years and can hopefully be called Stolpskott also in the results lists, says Axel Orrenius, FC Stolpskotts team captain.
In the F14 class, Gärsnäs girls also waged their way to a quarter-finals in the A-finals where, however, there was a loss of defeat against Vinslöv.
Åhus Beach Soccer for children and young people holds until the 5 of July and southeastern Skåne is represented by several teams from Gärsnäs, Brösarp, Tomelilla, Sankt Olof, Öja, Ystad and Simrishamn. If you do not follow the law in place, you will find the entire game schedule and all the results here >>
This is the fifth year that Åhus Beach Soccer is arranged. Over 450 teams are registered for this year's tournament which is a record and close to the set goal that is 480 teams. The biggest increase is the Youth Act. One of many popular race classes during Åhus Beach Soccer is Football For Everyone where people with different types of disabilities play. Here you really go all into the sand and war for his team.
In the spring season's last home match, Österlen FF cleaned up on Saturday by the last Råslätts SK with 4-2-. But there were no easily cleaned points that were salvaged at Skillinge IP.
The first half of the marked game acquisition resulted in a stable 2-0 lead. In the second half, guests were speeded up and were able to reduce to 2-XNUM Abdulahi Hussein and then had a good period in the match. But the minute after the 2-1 reduction, Robin Jacobsson appeared on a corner and could encounter 3-1. However, raw plains did not give up Abdulahi Hussein could reduce once more before Robin Jakobsson set the final score to 4-2 in the 84 minute.
The former world fire in tennis, Robin Söderling, is visiting today's tennis camp in Löderup. The project "More tennis on Österlen" is a collaboration between Skåneidrott, Sparbanken Syd and the villages / towns / tennis courts in Österlen.
Last year's premiere was a mix of campers, village championships and local competitions. Tennis playing increased in southeastern Scania. This year, the camps and the test-on activities will continue, and to boost the project, Robin Söderling will visit today's camp in Löderup. Start 11.00 on the tennis court.
This year's City Championships will be played at Saltsjöbadens Tenniscenter on the 23-XNUM August.
It is not often a golf competition stops pending. But then the fall of Österlens Golfklubb's track Djupadal after three days of games in the PGA Championship hosted by Ingelsta Kalkon. Even the three hole specialties could distinguish the players in the lead and when a thunderbolt pulled in over southeastern Skåne, the competition management decided to share the profit between Christian Bach Christiansen from Denmark and Gudmunder Kristjansen from Iceland.
Shared victory for the first time
Both players finished nine holes under par and when it came time for special play on the 18 hole, Christiansen and Kristjansen showed class. The audience was invited to both fantastic rashes, unparalleled recordings and long birdie pits. During the fourth special hole, the lightning storm broke loose over Vik and the competition broke. The victory was shared, which never happened before during the Swedish Golf Tour. However, it has happened once before during a golf instructor championship where Krister Kinell and Österlens Golfklub's instructor Gunnar Mueller shared the victory. Charlie Lindh finished third in the PGA Championship hosted by Ingelsta Turkey, a blow behind the victory duo.
XNUMBER players passed the cuts
Over 150 players came to the start of the competition, which is part of the Swedish Golf Tour. 61 of these passed the cut and got to play the third round. The prize money for the competition was a total of 425 000. Österlen's contribution to the competition Philip Lindström, Tomelilla GK and William Wistrand, Österlens GK, both missed a good competition but missed the cutt this time.
In Saturday's away match against Näsby IF, IFK Simrishamn took the initiative directly. The team performed an amazingly moving assault football the first ten minutes that were already resulting in the first attack when Jatto Camara finished on the runaway Näsbykeepern. But the goals would come for the Österlen team, which after the clear 6-1 victory against Näsby now has nine points margin down to the second in the division 4 table.
21 with the final kick of the half
Simrishamn was forced early to a break when a Näsbys player went hard to Tibor Cica who lingered and leave room for Oskar Persson. Persson did not need many minutes before he in the 10: one minute shot a high shot that Näby's goalkeeper could not steer clear of. Simrishamn still had a large ball possession but ten minutes later, the home team used a conversion and rolled in the receipt until 1-1 which stood until the half-time rest. Most thought, but not Jatto Camara, who, with the final kick of the half, poked the ball between the legs of Näsby's goalkeeper. Half-time 1-2.
Kim's energy spreads to his teammates
The psychologically important management goal from the first half was followed by another cold shower for Näsby when Oskar Persson already in the minute 48 routinely finished a fine attack along the grass to the left of Näsbys Målis. The remaining part of the match controlled Simrishamn through continued large ball possession where the ball holder usually had several matching options thanks to runaway teammates. One of many Simrishamners with a lot of jumping in the legs this afternoon was Kim Madsen, who with his riveting and sacrificial game style spread energy to his teammates.
You ran so much today so it was hard to see what position you were on.
- Haha, really I'm an outer midfielder but I just run. We'll move a lot and after our 2-1 they start folding down. We have the peace and dare to play our game and show that we can do it too, ”says Kim Madsen, who with his distinctive 4-1 goal removed Kristianstad team's hopes of being able to rise.
You made a cruel goal too, congratulations!
- Yes, it was really nice. It doesn't happen that often, ”concludes Kim Madsen, who then walked towards the locker room at Grönevi IP to take a well-deserved shower.
The last half hour the game went down in pace. Näsby had scalded with a substitute and Simrishamn rolled around the ball without overworking. At the end of the match, Jacob Nilsson and Mehmed Deperlo Trnacevic were also goalkeepers after fine attacks up to the final score of 1-6. On Wednesday night, the new away match for IFK Simrishamn is when Sjöbo IF receives the series leaders.