Facts about Österlenbyn
In the middle of the hilly, open agricultural landscape where the road between Smedstorp and Annas cross the road between Kverrestad and East Herrestad lies the village of Östra Ingelstad at Ingelstadgården.
To the west towards Kverrestad, a marked valley slopes with large fields connected to Ingelstadsgården's modern economies of scale.
The houses in the village are mostly gathered in the eastern part. In the southern part of the village we find a remnant stone that marks remnants from prehistoric times. Here, King Inge's grave is said to lie. In the west, the Romanesque church dominates from the Middle Ages, Ingelstadsgården and the pleasant village pond. Here in the west is also a small hill where once a castle facility was located, a precursor to Ingelstadsgården. Today's main building dates from 1818, but here is also a gray stone magazine that is from 1788. The settlement in the village is mixed. In the south there are a number of 1900 houses. In the village there are also several plastered, low-length, so-called house-houses.
The byasten, around which the village's residents gathered to solve common problems and tasks, remains.
To the east of the village, high situated is a well-preserved Dutch mill, originally built in Raskarum, but moved to Ö Ingelstad and been in operation until about 1950. North of the village lies the successful company Ingelstakalkon, which attracts large crowds daily to the shop and restaurant.
The nearest major city with service such as school, elderly care, business is Smedstorp, three kilometers to the northeast and the central town. Tomelilla one mile west. Bus connections are available from Lunnarp, Bollerup and Smedstorp.
Feel free to share the page with someone in need: