In the spring season's last home match, Österlen FF cleaned up on Saturday by the last Råslätts SK with 4-2-. But there were no easily cleaned points that were salvaged at Skillinge IP.
Adam Barchan, Robin Jacobsson and ?? entertained
In the spring season's last home match, Österlen FF cleaned up on Saturday by the last Råslätts SK with 4-2-. But there were no easily cleaned points that were salvaged at Skillinge IP.
Adam Barchan, Robin Jacobsson and ?? entertained
In Saturday's away match against Näsby IF, IFK Simrishamn took the initiative directly. The team performed an amazingly moving assault football the first ten minutes that were already resulting in the first attack when Jatto Camara finished on the runaway Näsbykeepern. But the goals would come for the Österlen team, which after the clear 6-1 victory against Näsby now has nine points margin down to the second in the division 4 table.
Simrishamn was forced early to a break when a Näsbys player went hard to Tibor Cica who lingered and leave room for Oskar Persson. Persson did not need many minutes before he in the 10: one minute shot a high shot that Näby's goalkeeper could not steer clear of. Simrishamn still had a large ball possession but ten minutes later, the home team used a conversion and rolled in the receipt until 1-1 which stood until the half-time rest. Most thought, but not Jatto Camara, who, with the final kick of the half, poked the ball between the legs of Näsby's goalkeeper. Half-time 1-2.
The psychologically important management goal from the first half was followed by another cold shower for Näsby when Oskar Persson already in the minute 48 routinely finished a fine attack along the grass to the left of Näsbys Målis. The remaining part of the match controlled Simrishamn through continued large ball possession where the ball holder usually had several matching options thanks to runaway teammates. One of many Simrishamners with a lot of jumping in the legs this afternoon was Kim Madsen, who with his riveting and sacrificial game style spread energy to his teammates.
You ran so much today so it was hard to see what position you were on.
- Haha, really I'm an outer midfielder but I just run. We'll move a lot and after our 2-1 they start folding down. We have the peace and dare to play our game and show that we can do it too, ”says Kim Madsen, who with his distinctive 4-1 goal removed Kristianstad team's hopes of being able to rise.
You made a cruel goal too, congratulations!
- Yes, it was really nice. It doesn't happen that often, ”concludes Kim Madsen, who then walked towards the locker room at Grönevi IP to take a well-deserved shower.
The last half hour the game went down in pace. Näsby had scalded with a substitute and Simrishamn rolled around the ball without overworking. At the end of the match, Jacob Nilsson and Mehmed Deperlo Trnacevic were also goalkeepers after fine attacks up to the final score of 1-6. On Wednesday night, the new away match for IFK Simrishamn is when Sjöbo IF receives the series leaders.
Attacks are best defense is a tried and tested expression, but last Saturday it was instead defense is the best attack that applied when Österlen FF took the third straight three-pointer. FK Älmeboda / Linneryd had to leave a hazy Skillinge IP with an 0-1 loss after Jacob Blixt's victory goal in the 53 minutes.
The ball-proof guests have so far had a scant payout but took the command initially and pressed back the home team. Österlen's line of defense, driven by André Lidholm, looked stable through the match.
- It was partly our tactic to let them have a lot of ball and make use of our quick adjustments. Älmeboda / Linneryd is a good team that changes a lot of positions and makes good values. But they did have a lot of ball today, says Österlen FF's coach Jonas Stridsberg who gave extra herring pads to André Lidholm, Robin Jacobsson and Jacob Blixt.
Oscar and Jacob Blixt started the match and when Victor Blixt was replaced at the end of the match, Österlen had a brother's trio on the plan.
- It was the first time I had three flash on the plane at the same time. It's unique. They did all three well, Jonas Stridsberg concluded.
The next task for Österlen is today's away match against Nosaby IF at Nya Vallbjörka's A-plan. Kick off 16.00.
Österlen FF - FK Älmeboda / Linneryd 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
Goal: 1-XNOK Jacob Flash (0).
YA Cup Cups between Gärsnäs AIS and IFK Simrishamn were settled during the final stages of the match when two penalties played the lead roles.
The guests started strongest and also received early dividends in the fifth minute when Dennis Lundbladh met a low-pitched corner which he encountered in the crowds in front of goal. The home team worked their way into the match and when Axel Andersson kept his head on a left-hand side, the home crowd in the swanky May evening on well-managed Gärsvalla. 11 stood half.
In the second half, Gärsnäs closed better in the middle of the track so that Simrishamn's advances, usually signed by Mikael Lindström, were stopped. But it was still a Lindström action that became match-fixing in the 88 minute. Gärsnäs' strong defense game kept going back and forth for Simrishamns advances. The audience around the sports ground just waited for Gärsnäs to use his disability penalty which could have meant 2-1 management and minimal playing time left for a away receipt. But instead, Lindstrom set full speed in a dribble tree which was stopped just outside the penalty area by a home player. Lindström fell into the penalty area and the referee pointed to the penalty point. Jonathan Karlsen stepped forward and pressed the elm meter. When Simrishamn's goalkeeper then saved Gärsnäs's handicap penalty, the home team failed to turn the match. Simrishamn kept the few minutes left and won with 2-1.
IFK Simrishamn will meet the winner between Gröstorp and Liga 06 in the quarter-finals of the YA Cup.
The early comic finals in the division 4 east of Korsavad's IP between IFK Simrishamn and VMA IK he barely blown up before the guests pulled on a freestyle show when a defender did not deal with Jatto Camara's running.
The home team took advantage of the numerically superior gameplay and had a large ball possession in the first half. Mid-level general Jonathan Karlsén distributed a whole range of well-balanced cross fittings, primarily on the left-hand side, but VMA's strong defense steered away from the really hot home opportunities. But when Mikael Lindström started a magical dribble tree with the ball glued to her feet, he did not take away the defense team. Four five northeasters wondered what happened when Lindström went downhill to the goal. Lindström's closing, however, had more to be desired and 0-0 stood the half out. In the middle of the half, VMA had a sharp changeover position that should have paid dividends.
In the second half, the home team took greater collective responsibility for running without ball. Jatto Camara worried about the away defense with his willingness to play and in the 53 minute the reward came when he ran free and lobbed over the away team's outrageous goalkeeper.
Shortly after the quarter, the audience was invited to a beautiful work of art. If it is artificial then it is. Jonathan Karlsén caressed a perfect right outside towards the right edge where Oskar Persson rushed forward into the open space, took the ball into the penalty area and pushed the bullet high to the left of the VMA goalkeeper.
- Fun that Oskar gets his first senior goal, he has taken big steps this year and hopes for continued development for him, says Marcus Svensson.
Would it go away purposefully now? No, instead of 3-0 to Simrishamn, it was VMA that took over the match with ten players on the plane. Simrishamn was pushed back and, quite logically, the VMA reduction also came up to 2-1 through hard-stop Oscar Hall. The receipt was also in the air, but in the middle of the away, Simrishamn countered in time and in free position in the penalty area, Masood Jalali was demolished. The punishment took Tibor Cica in the best possible way by pressing the final result 31.
- It will be a strange match after their expulsion, a little unnatural. Was very dissatisfied with the ball pace, races and character for most of the match. In half, we talked about which surfaces we would overload, get in more of them which we do well until 2-0. Internally within the squad, we have talked about the fact that we have good width, we have had players who have been able to go in and "close" matches. Yesterday was not the case, some good heaps and some that unfortunately did not get the desired effect where we instead were scattered and for the ladies. In the end I am satisfied with three points but internally we expect more of each other on the plan, says IFK Simrishamn's coach Marcus Svensson.
Simrishamn won the serial without impressing which is impressive in itself. Simrishamn leads the series after three matches and in the next round meets the bottom team Hörby FF at home on Korsavad on the 27X April 14.00. Suspects that coach Marcus Svensson will take up the subject of "underestimation" the coming training week.
VMA IK is the merger of the villages Vånga, Mjönäs and Arkelstorp in Kristianstad municipality. The association was formed 2002 and the senior matches are played at Ädlavallen in Vånga in the spring and at Arkelstorps IP in Arkelstorp during the fall.
Goal scorer IFK Simrishamn: Jatto Camara, Oskar Persson and Tibor Cica.
Brilliant spring sun over Skillinge IP's artificial turf. The Good Friday division 2 battalion between white-dressed Österlen FF and IFÖ Bromölla IF ended 1-1.
After a speechless first half where the home team dominated the ball possession, Viktor Ekblom pushed the lead ball into the 50 minute after a fine recording signed Jacob Blixt. The defense of the Österlen team did not allow Bromla's attack, with André Leandersson at the head, coming in many positions. But in the 61 minute, Bromölla was awarded a free kick that was lifted into Österlen's penalty area and all of a sudden Bromella's Filip Tomas had placed the ball in goal. The three home items had been turned into one. At the end of the match, Bromölla focused mainly on a decision, but the audience did not see any paintings or more artworks. The match ended fairly 1-1.
After three rounds in Division 2 eastern Svealand, Österlen FF has scored four points, one victory, one draw and one loss, which right now represents an eighth place. In the next round of the 27 April 14.00, Österlen FF meets IFK Hässleholm on the away plane.
The artificial turf at Skillinge IP lacks both bulletin board and audible speaker so hopefully the nature grass is playable at the next home match on the 4 May 14.00 when IFK Berga comes to visit.
The match against Engelholm looked like match matches often do. Nervous and violent play and Cimrishamn's goal lead in the third period was so close to being eaten by the home team. However, Cimrishamn kept away and eventually won with 8-7.
How come you suddenly got a qualifying spot?
- Since the pocket h2 team is involved in the qualification to remain in h2, Lommas h3 team must not qualify, because one must not have two teams from the same association in the same series. The wild could potentially happen if Lommas h2 falls down and Lommas h3 has stayed through qualifiers, explains FC Cimrishamn's coach Fredrik Hennigor.
Win against Engelholm in the first qualifying match, why did you win?
- Today we won because we played better floorball aggressively in the track and put there the ball, then we still had bids for more and was not at all particularly good today. We ran more than we played floorball and then we end up at their low pace. Defensively, we are still releasing a bit of cheap tickets from the castle and we have had that problem all season. Although we sometimes play pretty bad today, I shit in which. There are three points and victories that apply so it will look almost as it wants as long as we fight.
The team's scoring king Andreas Björborn was missing in the latest home game against Lomma, he played today?
- Björborn was present today but for the sake of unusualness he did not end up in the target protocol, which can be positive that more players are starting to put the balls offensive so all the weight does not have to lie on his shoulders. He puts high demands on himself and sometimes unreasonably high, so having him the game week and target week in the next match will be positive.
Now, first, Burlöv is waiting and then Båstad, have you met them before?
- We have met Burlöv in the Skåne Championship before the season and then we performed under all criticism and it was at a stage of the season when we had some remodeling within the team so it will be a completely different type of match on Saturday. All I know about Båstad is that they have their own Andreas Björborn who makes a large part of their points.
Is there a team victory in the qualifier for it to be division 3 floorball in Simrishamn next season?
- To ensure that we stay in the third group, team victory is required, but it depends a little on how the h1 and h2 qualifiers are. It may be that there will be more than two teams playing the 3 division. But we go for the group victory and do not think of anything else, Cimrishamn's coach Fredrik Hennigor concluded.
On Saturday, April 22, Cimrishamn plays the second qualifying match. Burlöv HOGS stands for resistance at home in Jonebergshallen in Simrishamn. The qualification ends for Cimrishamn's part with away match against Båstads GIF on the 6 April. Then we get an answer on whether Cimrishamn plays in division 14 or division 3 next season.
FC Cimrishamn played a draw on Sunday afternoon when the top team IBK Lund visited the Jonebergshallen in Simrishamn. After a strong turnaround, it could even have won the Simrishamn team which, however, had to settle for 6-6 on the scoreboard after the 60 played minutes.
After a great introduction with high tempo from both teams, the guests took the command and also received a dividend up to 0-1. The minute later it was close to 0-2 but an incomparable rescue of Martin Larsson in the home goal put an end to the two-dimensional substandard. The mobility in the attacks of the much younger guys from Lund forced Cimrishamn down into a tight box which in turn forced the Lund team to play around the ball and shoot from a distance. The guests' takeover gave fair dividends when one minute remained of period one. A nice release behind his back relieved Martin Holgersson who lifted 0-2. The home player of the period was Larsson in the goal who with luck and skill kept the numbers down.
"Martin makes a fantastic match but many of the rescue he does, I expect him to do," says Cimrishamn's coach Fredrik Hennigor.
How would the FCC change the match image? The answer came in the second period when higher and more aggressive pressure from the home players made Lund unable to hold the ball as easily. The match was at 3.30 when Tobias Johansson found Andreas Björborn who sprang in the reduction until 1-2. After eight minutes, the FCC's Andreas Larsson was stunned after he ran out. Penalty for the home team. Anders Bäckman showed cold when he pressed 2-2 to the right of Lund's goalkeeper. Lund withdrew the lead when a distance shot went in at one of the home posts. After 16 minutes, Veton Gashi jumped on a ball on the left and dotted 3-3 and with two minutes left of the mid-season Andreas Björborn slammed with a backhand shot that the guests' goalkeeper couldn't hold. Strong by Cimrishamn to turn the first period's 0-2 to 4-3 line after others.
Lund's receipt hunt started immediately in the last period. The guests again had great ball possession but rolled most around the Cimrishamn's frequent box. Instead, the home team got into danger and after six minutes Tobias Johansson did 5-3 on a free kick. Shortly thereafter, Cimrishamn was hit by two expulsions in the same match sequence, which came to be decisive. Lund took advantage of the takeover and reduced to 5-4 after seven minutes. The acknowledgment hunt resumed. The receipt was also in the air shortly thereafter but Larsson in the home made a new phantom rescue along the floor. The FCC suffered another expulsion and on the subsequent free-throw, the receipt came when the home team didn't really get into the defense positions. However, the home team wanted more. Big cheers in the hall after 11.40 in the final period when Fredrik Jeppsson elegantly steered 6-5 ahead of goal.
With five minutes left, Lund was awarded a penalty that was used until 6-6. Then the law took its time out in trying to make a decision. None of the teams succeeded in this and the entertaining match ended in a draw of 6X.
- Acid when we headed with two goals in the last period. The expulsions sabbatized for us but I am still quite satisfied. This is the series' best team despite not leading the series, says Cimrishamn's coach Fredrik Hennigor.
FC Cimrishamn-IBK Lund 6-6
Goalie FC Cimrishamn: Andreas Björborn, Anders Bäckman, Veton Gashi, Tobias Johansson and Fredrik Jeppsson.
Cimrishamn remains on a negative qualifying spot with five rounds left to play. The two away matches for the FCC are waiting for IBK Finn, another top team from Lund, visiting the Jonebergshallen on the 9 March.
Gärsnäs AIS currently has access. This weekend the a-team won third prize in prestigious Nils Holgersson Cup where 64 teams were registered. At the same time a few vintages further down, the sporting society's 14 year olds rolled home the Harlösspelen in futsal. The final in Harlösa won with 1-XNUM over Furulunds IK.
Gärsnäs 14 year group consists of 16 friendly players who regularly train futsal now during the winter. The training is also supplemented with a physical and agility pass once a week. And exercise training seems to yield results. In addition to gold in the weekend Harlösaspelen, the gang from Gärsnäs won last year also Änglacupen, came second in Askecupen and went to the final in Sparbanken Skåne Cup. In the price cabinet there are also bronze medals from the A-finals in Torna Hällestad Jubileumscup and Åhus Beach Fotboll.
What is it that makes new things so good in cups and that you even took you all the way to several final places?
- We have a great desire to win in the team, we are a good squad with many talented players. A pretty clear idea of how we should play where all players are involved and contributes, says Gärsnäs leader Pelle Mårtensson.
How are you going to celebrate this victory?
- We have not been able to celebrate anything since it was very late on Saturday. We also have more tournaments planned so we aim to go far more times and then hit the celebration together later.
64 teams were registered for this year's, the 15, the Nils Holgersson Cup in Skurup. When the final 20 minutes were finished, one of the two organizer clubs, Rydsgårds AIF, was victorious after the final victory over Lunnarps BK. The third prize was won by Gärsnäs AIS.
In one semi-final, Lunnarps BK surprised by knocking out one of the pre-favorites IFK Malmö with 3-2. Rydsgårds AIF went to the final by defeating 3-1-Vellinge IF. In the final, Rydsgård took an early lead before Lunnarps Fredrik Ahl thundered in the receipt with the left foot. After Rydsgård did 2-1, Lunnarp had difficulty unlocking Rydsgård's stable defense. Closer than a bar meeting did not come Lunnarp and at the end of the finals Rydsgård made 3-1 and thus secured the title.
The match for the third prize between Vellinge IF and Gärsnäs AIS became an even event where the law was followed up until 3-3 which was also the position after full time. The extension also ended the draw, 0-0. Penalties were settled and Gärsnäs won, which thereby took a qualifying third place.
The pre-advice was of course at Lunds BK from division 1 and the division 2-law Österlen FF, Kulladals FF and IFK Malmö. But it turned out that there was a lot of football know-how even in the law from the lower divisions. Not least impressed several Österlen teams. In fact, half of the quarter-finals law was law from Österlen - Tomelilla IF, Spjutstorps IF, Gärsnäs AIS and Lunnarps BK. And two of these reached all the way to the pallet location - Lunnarps BK second and Gärsnäs AIS third.
- We are defending ourselves pretty well, especially today during the playoffs. Everyone helps backwards and there were small margins in the final, taking the post that almost took us to 2-2 as an example. We have 62 teams after us in any case, said Lunnarp's coach Magnus Andersson right after the final.
You didn't really get the attack game in the final in the same way as before during the playoffs.
- No, Rydsgård is disciplined, big and strong and doesn't offer a millimeter. It suits us worse, in the previous matches we could against, we could not in the final. We had two teams in the cup and we wanted to put up with two even teams and considering that was the final place even better, Magnus Andersson concluded.
Gärsnäs AIS also made a very impressive effort.
- We are a strong group that takes step by step. We have reached the semifinal in many tournaments, now is the last step we need to work on. We are satisfied and put the puzzle pieces in place, said Gärsnäs AIS coach Ola Nilsson after the awards ceremony.
How does it look before the upcoming season?
- We have had to keep the squad and got some player so it looks good. Last year we were newcomers and reached a qualifying spot upwards. This year we will try to get up, Ola Nilsson concluded.
Nils Holgersson Cup was arranged by Rydsgårds AIF and Skivarps GIF.
Simrishamskillen Alex Blomqvist has, in turn, belonged to the mother club IFK Simrishamn, Malmö FF, IFK Värnamo, Trelleborgs FF and recently it became clear with a transition from Trelleborgs FF to Gif Sundsvall. Before last year's season, then in Trelleborg, we learned to know Alex in a longer interview. Time for a replay, and a good luck in Sundsvall!
Meet the defense shadow Alex Blomqvist who is currently loading Trelleborg's FF's return to Allsvenskan. Österlensport met Alex when he was recently at home with parents, siblings and friends in Simrishamn for a few days of socializing.
- There will be peace and quiet, some good dinner. A little game with the brothers and so I will see Kamratcupens final day. I will run a running pass as well. It is not possible to put on five kilos during the leave, then it is not fun to come back. If you are an athlete or sportswoman at the elite level, you live it all the time, 24 hours a day. It is important to take care of your body - exercise, eat and rest. Then I and my partner plan for the move - we have rented a house a bit outside Trelleborg. It should be nice to avoid wearing our dog weighing 40 kilos up and down the stairs to the apartment we lived in. Now it will be garden and better place when family and friends will sleep over with us, ”says Alex Blomqvist.
Do you enjoy your life as an elite athlete?
- Yes I do. Ever since I left school I have lived that life. You live a life on the plane with training and matches and another life that no one else sees. It is almost like a double life where it is about making sacrifices. When you are active, it is important to take the chance. The career as an elite athlete is not that long.
You're called Alexander, but most of you call you Alex.
- I have been called for a lot of different things - The flower, Sander and when I came to Malmö it became Alex. In our family, the children have many names. Nowadays almost no Alexander says to me so it feels like I'm called Alex now.
Sometimes you are also called Mr. Block, how are you?
- It's more when it's talked about me. It started when I played in Malmö FF's junior team. It is always appreciated when the defenders cover shots and I succeeded with it a few times.
2015 (IFK Värnamo) and 2016 (Trelleborgs FF) played Alex all 30 series games. Last year it was 27 series matches and also four goals, which is quite unusual for a center back.
Has Mr. Block become Mr Goal?
- In Värnamo I scored zero goals in 30 matches and last season four goals in 27 matches so I have improved the cut pretty much, but it depends on the role you have in the team. In Värnamo, there were other players you were primarily looking for in fixed situations. In Trelleborg I have become one of those that we try to find and then more modes will automatically come for me. If I get a position, I do goals. I'm on top of every corner and every offensive free kick so some ball per season I as the midback should poke in.
The 11 January re-assembles Trelleborgs FF's squad to make a start for the allsvenskan season 2018. Most recently Alex played in the All Swedish Championship, he was a skier in Malmö FF. Now he is a defense shadow that much of the defense game revolves around. A completely different role now.
- It's a huge difference. Now I feel that I am someone, have my given place in the dressing room and an important role on the plan. I feel the whole club appreciates me.
Do you have any individual goals for the coming season?
- I just want to keep playing and keep in good physical shape to be able to contribute as much as possible on the plan. If I'm going to do five goals or that we should keep the zero in ten matches does not matter that much. The most important thing is that I get to play and that we can establish ourselves in the Allsvenskan.
As an all-Swedish newcomer, Trelleborg's FF learns to find himself being underdog in most games. Quite often, however, newcomers are surprised, especially initially. The competition season starts already on the 9 February, when the Swedish Alliance's southernmost team at away level is set against the northernmost (Östersunds FK) in the Swedish Cup's first group game match.
- We could hardly have a more difficult match to start with but the ball is round and it is early in the season. We will turn out inferior throughout the season and I think that suits us well. Look at Östersund, Sirius and Jönköping - they did well as newcomers. It will be tough, you can't expect anything else. We believe in our team and our idea. Even if we do not stick to it, it is important that we keep the idea, our game style, so that we can get up again. Sooner or later, the team and the organization will be strong enough to become an established Swedish club. The most important thing is that we know who we are and how we should play and behave.
It sounds like you will run the same gameplay in Allsvenskan as you so successfully drove in Superettan last season.
- It is difficult for me to say how the coach thinks, but I like to see that we continue on what we have built up. There is no need to change it, at the same time if we meet Malmö FF away maybe we should not go up and press in the offensive penalty area so we must of course check on who we meet and from time to time adapt a little, but at the same time keep on what we are good at.
What are you good at, what are Trelleborg's strengths?
- We are usually good when we are aggressive and put pressure on the opponents.
- We have a bit left when it comes to building up our own game from behind. Then our attack game needs to be a little better but it is still well on the way.
When the interview with Alex was made, the player squad was thin, only thirteen players were ready for the comeback in Allsvenskan. The middle back colleagues from last season Magnus Andersson and Kristian Haynes have both stopped. Among the middle backs there was only one name - Alex Blomqvist.
- We have lost some experienced players so there will be more responsibility on us slightly younger players to take more responsibility now. I hope that a few more players will fall into the window now. For example, it had been welcomed with a left-footed center back.
Do you have any influence on who or what kind of middle back colleague you would like to have at your side and which club should say?
- No, it's the club's decision. It is not just about football but also about finances and other things that should match.
Alex's contract with Trelleborgs FF went out in the autumn and it was rumored that there were changes to Hammarby, IFK Norrköping or IFK Gothenburg. Instead, it became a new two-year contract with Trelleborg.
Were there any concrete suggestions from other clubs besides Trelleborg?
- There have been clubs that checked when I played but no concrete suggestion or signal that any club wanted to buy me out of the contract. Some clubs heard of them but in the end it was Trelleborg that I felt most for. Here in Trelleborg I have a given role and the club believes in me. Had I changed club while playing a level higher than last season, it would have been another competitive situation where I might not get as much playing time.
IFK Simrishamn, Malmö FF, IFK Värnamo and now Trelleborgs FF. Alexander Blomqvist's football career has exclusively been in the club colors blue and white. Probably a coincidence but it still raises the question.
Are blue and white your favorite colors?
- I haven't thought about that. No, my favorite color is red - I'm cheering on Arsenal so for me, red has always been the finest color. As a youth player in Simrishamn I always had jersey number 7 but when the seventh was busy in Trelleborg I switched to 14 because my favorite player Thierry Henry had 14 in Arsenal. I like that number.
Who is the best striker you've met?
- Thierry Henry, even though he wasn't the best right then. He was in the New York Red Bulls when we met them during a training camp in the US. Mustafa El Kabir was also very good when I met him.
In Allsvenskan then, what attacker do you fear most?
- Of course, I look forward to this year's match, including Malmö FF. It will be fun to meet Rosenberg. Goitom in AIK is also good, a wise player.
We talk for a while about the transition from little IFK Simrishamn to the much larger Malmö FF, where Alex already came as 13-year, and the much tougher attitude in Malmö.
- It was completely different in Malmö. No one was nice to you, you hardly had to borrow a water bottle if you had forgotten their. It was more "your shot". You have to learn how to behave and stand in the front to be able to take the last step.
Which is the final step?
- I want to show that I am a good all-Swedish player and that I am at that level. Then everyone dreams of getting a chance out in Europe or in the US. It's nothing that is unrealistic, it's just to keep working hard and believe in yourself, then I think the opportunity will come in the future. Look at Johannes Hopf who is now playing in Turkey. It goes even if you come from below.
Patrick Winqvist was Alex's coach already at high school in Malmö. Also in Malmö FF (both in the junior team and U21) was Winqvist included in the coaching staff. They both know each other well after all years together.
What is the best thing about having Patrick as a coach?
- He is very committed and gives his everything for his ideas. Then he is tactically very good, the opponents carefully study what weaknesses and strengths they have. Often when we get into the match, we know what it will look like on plan and what will happen. Then it is not always as we can handle it, but at least we know about it. Many underestimate the tactical ability and I think Swedish football generally needs to be tactically better and more upset in order to develop the game one level more. This applies to both the national team and the club level. Then the players are safe in their roles and know how to play and where to have each other on plan, Alex concludes.
Height: 1,84 m
Weight: 78 kg
Shirt number: 14
Mother club: IFK Simrishamn
Current club: Trelleborgs FF
Previous clubs: Malmö FF and IFK Värnamo