- Dice the meat and brown the pieces in butter. Season with cumin and onion powder. Place the pieces in a pot (preferably cast iron). Pour water into the pan and take advantage of the fried spices that remain in the bottom of the pan. Pour into the pot.
- Pour on water as well as bay leaf, carnations, allspice, French herbs and tarragon.
- Grate the peel on the orange and squeeze the orange juice. Pour juice and cest over the meat.
- Slice the leek and chop the red cabbage into pieces. Turn half in the pot with the meat.
- Boil and simmer for about two hours on low heat.
- Boil soybeans and boil for 2 minutes. Rinse in colander with cold water. It is fine to eat the soybeans uncooked also if you prefer them a little more "al dente".
- Tear the peel from the oranges and then slice the orange. Mix beans and orange into a salad. Also mix in a little orange juice and juice that may remain on the cutting board.
- Turn the rest of the leek and red cabbage into the pot. Taste.
Serve the pot with the fresh salad!