Events at Österlen
- This event has already taken place.
Open house on the algae farm
20 Aug, 2020 at 13:00 - 16:00
One event on 20 Aug, 2020 at 13:00
Every summer we receive many curious visitors to the algae farm, and for us it has always been obvious that those who want should have the opportunity to see our unique farms. This summer is, as we all know, a little different, and we have therefore had to adapt our visitor activities.
We will have an open house with tours of the algae farm only on two dates this summer, with a maximum of 15 participants per tour. Due to the very limited number of participants, we have also introduced mandatory pre-registration, which you can do here. Of course, we follow the Swedish Public Health Agency's recommendations.
We offer guided tours at 13.30 and 14.45. The number of participants is limited to 15 people per viewing. In the guided tour of the greenhouse, our algae growers tell us all about our algae and the fantastic things that these little miracle plants can do with the help of sun and water. The screening takes about 20 minutes.
Do you want to visit the algae farm? Our tours have always been free, but given the severely limited number of seats this year, advance booking is mandatory. A booking fee of SEK 200 is added for adults and SEK 50 for children over 12 years. You then have the entire amount in your farm shop. The ticket also includes mouth protection, which is mandatory throughout the visit.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- You are welcome to the algae farm if you are 100% healthy and have no cold symptoms. If you feel the least bit unwell, you need to stay home. You are welcome to hand over your ticket to someone else.
- During the show, you need to keep at least an arm's length distance between yourself and other visitors.
- Mouthguards are mandatory throughout the visit, and are handed out at the entrance in connection with you showing your ticket. You can also bring your own mouth guard.
- Hand alcohol is available. Spray your hands on arrival, and when you leave the algae farm.
- Avoid queuing in the farm shop, follow the distance markings on the floor and the staff's instructions.
- The maximum number of visitors is 15 people.
- Pre-registration by booking a ticket is mandatory.
THE FARM SHOP IS OPEN 13.00 - 16.00
Our farm shop is only open under an open house. Here you will find all our supergoodies from algae. They are great as a summer gift for loved ones, or for yourself. Payment by card or swish, unfortunately we are currently unable to accept cash.
Remember to keep your distance from each other even in the farm shop.
If you do not have the opportunity to visit us during an open house but still want to buy our supergoodies, our webshop is always open at shop.simrisalg.se (Sweden & EU) and www.simris.com (USA and the rest of the world).
In addition, you can also pass the algae farm on Mondays and Thursdays between 09.00 - 12.00 to shop. We cannot accept cash but debit cards or swish work fine. Things to keep in mind in bad weather: all shopping takes place outdoors!
Take care of each other and have a nice summer.