Jazz at Guest - Ola Åkerman / Tony Kofi Quintet
- This event has already taken place.
5 September at 19 - 22:00
"It Doesn't Mean A Thing If It Aint Got That Swing"! Ola Åkerman and Tony Kofi met at the London Jazz Festival and agreed to try something together. Ola called a band together with some of their favorite musicians who quickly found a strong musical community. The repertoire consists of Ellington songs and original music with an offspring in Ellington's music. Could it be better? Welcome to a full evening at Gästis!
* Entrance to 250 SEK including light supers during break and two sets of high quality jazz. Reserve seat!
- Tony Kofi (alto and baritone saxophone) is one of England's great jazz stars and has played with a long line of famous musicians (Ornette Coleman, Abdullah Ibrahim, The World
Saxophone Quartet, Macy Gray, Harry Connick etc.) He runs his own projects and has recorded several well-received albums.
- Ola Åkerman (trombone) is known as big band musician in bands like Monday Night Big Band and Tolvan Big Band. He is also diligent on the jazz scene in Copenhagen with different bands as well
as at home in Malmö. He has also released plates and driven various bands.
- Mathias Landæus (piano) is a fantastic pianist who constantly runs his own projects at the highest level, often with his own trio.
- Nils Bo Davidsen (bass) is very much hired in Copenhagen and internationally as an incredibly responsive and hard swinging bass player.
- Cornelia Nilsson (drums) is one of our big star shots right now. Resident in Copenhagen and with a large business throughout Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.